Run an application as administrator from a limited user account.
RunAsRob contains three parts:
- Authorize program files or folders in RunAsRob, which can used from a limited user to run this software as administrator.
- You can simple distribute software, updates, patches,
drivers..., by copy it on a network share you have authorized in
- Give an application administrator privileges instead of a user account.
- Delegate administrative tasks via specific programs you have allowed in
- Manage the authorized applications or folders
central in a domain by group policy or folder permissions.
- Bypass the UAC dialog for the authorized application.
- Applications can also run under system account, which has more permissions than an administrator account.
- Launch applications with temporary administrator rights for this program under
the account of the limited user themselves, with his own profile and settings.
- Wildcard asterisk * and environment variables like
%windir% can used for authorization of programs and folder
- Not necessary to use encrypted files with credentials. The
authorization can be controlled by registry and folder access rights.
- Run application as service with system privileges
after system start, whether a user is logged in or not.
- RunAsRob is easy to use in small environments and also clearly designed for the use in a big domain forest.
Run as service
RunAsRob details, differences, FAQs:
For any suggestions, errors, questions, specific requirements or
adjustments please contact:
RunasRob is only free for private use.
For companies and other organisations we deliver a licensed version,
the organisation name.