RunAsSpc = runas +
RunAsSpc execute applications as another user account than the logged-in
The application and account information will be read from an
encrypted file, which is built from an administrator on command line by
RunAsSpc or the
grafical interface RunAsSpcAdmin. Each encrypted file receive its own password, like a finger mark.
RunAsSpc can also be used without an
encypted file. Account, password and application can also pass in clear
RunAsSpc does not require any installation procedure for following
example quick guide >>>
- Security patches, software updates, programs, drivers and other packages can be installed by the user themselves, without
having administrator privileges.
An administrator can specify by encrypted files on the computer or on
the network, which
applications can run with administrator rights.
- Many peobles working under administrator account,
because some programs require this rights to run correctly.
By RunAsSpc, a limited user does not need to login as
administrator to run this applications.
- Surfing the Internet as an administrator makes the
system vulnerable to malware, spyware, viruses and other security
risks. Surf with a limited rights account and the amount of
risk decreases dramatically.
Use RunAsSpc to start your Browser under a
limited user account.
- You want to instruct someone to configure a computer,
but you cannot give him the administrator password, because you also
use it on other systems?
With RunAsSpc and its encrypted file, which starts the computer manager
or a file manager like Total Commander under a local
administrator, you can give him full access to this computer, without to give him the password.
- By RunAsSpc you give an application the permissions
instead of the user.
Detailed guidance and a lot
of other examples
- Run as administrator is not working.
Your application, script, or batch file probably don't request
elevated privileges on an UAC activated system.
If an application request elevated privileges, then RunAsSpc start it
with elevated privileges.
A non-elevated application, can run with administrator
rights by using my tool RunElevated
combined with RunAsSpc,
or simply using our advanced tool RunasRob.
- Bypass the UAC Dialog is possible with RunasRob.
- RunAsSpc couldn’t find the application
- Set the complete path of the application in the encrypted file.
- The application must be reached for the user who calls the
application over RunAsSpc, because RunAsSpc read the checksum of the
application before the application will be call under another user
RunAsSpc is compatible with the most file endings like
- Unknown publisher message or Open File security
after you accept RunAsSpc as known application by uncheck the box:
>> Always ask before opening this file <<
- Error messages can be suppressed by switch /quiet for
- UNC Path are supported. Mapped drives not.
The encrypted file can be store on a mapped drive but not the
- RunAsSpc, cryptfile and the application can be store
- Errors Codes returned by RunAsSpc:
Most errors codes are explained on MSDN:
- RunAsSpc is Running on XP, Server 2003, Server 2008,
Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, 64 and 32 Bit
- Restriction in version for private use is the startup
window with license information, which appears at random
- Authorize only a specific user or group to run a an
This can be achieved by setting NTFS permissions to the encrypted file,
the program file or program folder.
For any suggestions, errors, questions, specific requirements or
adjustments please contact:
RunAsSpc is only free for private use.
For companies and other organisations we deliver a licensed version,
the organisation name.